Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Experiments with grasshopper

Over the last few weeks I have been really trying to develop my grasshopper skills. The main experimentaions have been in form finding alone. I have just been trying set out a few rule sets and then create complex geometries out of that. In this example, I have taken a simple twisting tower and triangulated it, altered the direction of twist half way up, and used a variable perforation command to increase the incidence of difference throughout the object.

I should highlight that at the time of creation, this was simply conceived as an object with interesting geometric rules. I have just played with these programmatic drawings to highlight the flexibility of the form.
As a skyscraper from in Kowloon Bay
As an art object
As a tower lamp (i)

As a tower lamp (ii)
Posted by Picasa